Wednesday 11 January 2017

SpaceShip Submission

This is my final spaceship fully textured, rendered and designed with a background I put in from Photoshop.


The space ship was made in Maya using mostly the extrude tools and the muti cut/ insert edge loop this allowed me to be able to make all the shapes I have of the original cube. This ship is the 3rd one I made before I was happy with it the original had many issues with overlapping and I decided to just scrap it and restart with a new less complicated one.

Once I had finished the Ship I begun the leanthey process of UV mapping the space ship I used the planar map to do it. I then unfolded it and spent some extra time moving the UV's around to make a similar shape to the space ship, this made it easier to texture it as everything was correctly located.
When texting I moved by UV map into photoshop and begun to texture it I started off by using a metal design as the main material which covered most of the ship and then did the more specific details such as my picture looking out the cockpit window.

The final part was lighting and rendering I used 3 point lighting with a tint of blue this made the spaceship stand out more. When I rendered it I ran into an issue with a face not appearing in the render this was fixed by recreating the face.
I then put it onto a space background which I edited the color to make the sun stand out more and look more threating, I added a shadow to the ship under the sun and to finish off I added a fleet of ships in the background getting closer.



No comments:

Post a Comment